Seniors for Seniors Adoption Program
This program places senior pets with senior citizens. The dog or cat gets a stay-at-home mom or dad to spoil them, and the individual gets an adoring and grateful pet whose expectation is to be the center of the person’s universe.
Not a bad trade.
Benefits to NARF
- People over the age of 62 years
- Dogs over 40 Lbs and over the age of 6 years
- Dogs under 40 Lbs and over the age of 8 years
- Cats over the age of 5 years
Requirements for Senior Program Participants
- Over the age of 62.
- Physically and mentally capable of caring for the animal including walking dog, feeding, exercising, cleaning cats litter boxes, and administering medications if needed.
- Capable of taking the animal to the Vet, if needed, and to the groomer.
- Owns home or rents with landlord’s written approval. Renter must have lived at the same residence for at lest one year. Committee must also talk to landlord.
- Committee must complete a normal interview application with applicant.
- Senior must be willing to allow us to do home checks and schedule periodic home visits.